Garden Season: April through October
Come visit the garden any time of the year to see the progress and enjoy the new features installed in 2015.
We're in WestSound Home and Garden!
The goal of the Buck Lake Native Plant Garden Association is to develop and maintain a demonstration garden of plants native to coastal Oregon, Washington and British Columbia west of the Cascade Mountains. This native plant garden is being established for the benefit of Kitsap Peninsula citizens and will be used to provide educational opportunities in the following areas of activity:
Developing interest in native plants
- Identifying and preserving native plants
- Learning about plant communities/associations (eco systems)
- Encouraging/teaching people to save native vegetation
- Demonstrating how to fill out a native plant community space
- Providing practical information to interested citizens and students
- Teaching propagation of native plants
Demonstrating maintenance of native plant spaces
Join our newsletter list to learn more about our region's native plants...their bloom schedules, their features and creative ideas for using native plants in your own landscape. The newsletter is also used to advise of volunteer opportunities and special free workshops.
6959 NE Buck Lake Road
The Hansville Greenway Wildlife Corridor is also accessible from the Buck Lake County Park.
Please Note: Master Gardeners receive volunteer hours credit towards their program requirements!