Work Parties Begin in April!
2015 Garden Season
1st and 3rd Mondays, 9am to noon
rain or shine...
dress for the weather
bring gloves, rake, knee pads
and any favorite garden tools.
Come visit the garden for a stroll to experience the progress!
6959 NE Buck Lake Road
The Hansville Greenway Wildlife Corridor is also accessible from the Buck Lake County Park.
The goal of the Buck Lake Native Plant Garden Association is to develop and maintain a demonstration garden of plants native to coastal Oregon, Washington and British Columbia west of the Cascade Mountains. This native plant garden is being established for the benefit of Kitsap Peninsula citizens and will be used to provide educational opportunities in the following areas of activity:
- Developing interest in native plants
- Identifying and preserving native plants
- Learning about plant communities/associations (eco systems)
- Encouraging/teaching people to save native vegetation
- Demonstrating how to fill out a native plant community space
- Providing practical information to interested citizens and students
- Teaching propagation of native plants
- Demonstrating maintenance of native plant spaces
our newsletter list to learn more about our region's native
plants...their bloom schedules, their features and creative ideas for
using native plants in your own landscape. The newsletter is also used
to advise of volunteer opportunities and special free workshops.